Sunday, October 27, 2013

Temples are Heaven on Earth

Today is Sunday. Technically my work Friday, but still a sunday! This morning when I woke up I was all snuggled up next to tanner under the warm blanket talk about a good start! Tanner got up first and woke up, changed, and fed miss ava lane who coincidentally was also in a good mood. Yay! I tidied up the house and did the dishes and then we went to get out temple recommends renewed.

 When you go in for the interview they always start out with a prayer, To put you in the proper mindset and invite the Holy Spirit to help guide our decisions and help us to do the right thing. I'm thinking maybe I have been away from church too long.. when he said the prayer I was on the verge of tears the spirit was so strong. It was Incredible! This week tanner is going out of town and I am gonna try and get to the temple by myself for the first time! I am a little nervous but it's nothing to be nervous about. The temple is so beautiful, and calm, and peaceful. I always hear people say you leave you worries and cares outside the temple and they will be waiting for you when you get back...it's 100% true. In the temple you just feel like everything is okay. And then when you think about it (not to be corny.. but) temples are Heaven on earth!

"How far is heaven? I testify that in the holy temples it is not far at all—for it is in these sacred places that heaven and earth meet and our Heavenly Father gives His children His greatest blessings.

As we touch the temple and love the temple, our lives will reflect our faith. As we go to the holy house, as we remember the covenants we make therein, we will be able to bear every trial and overcome each temptation.
The Lord has indicated that the greatest work we parents can do is performed in our homes, and our homes can be heaven, particularly when our marriages are sealed in the house of God.
Worthy young men and young women as young as 12 years of age can be proxy for those who have died without the blessings of baptism.
If we do our duty and trust fully in the Lord, we will fill His temples, not only doing our own ordinance work, but also having the privilege of doing work for others.
In the temple, the precious plan of God is taught. It is in the temple that eternal covenants are made. All that occurs within the walls of the temple is uplifting and ennobling.
In a peaceful sealing room I had the privilege to unite for eternity, as well as for time, Brother and Sister Nield and their daughters. Tears were in their eyes, and gratitude was in their hearts. We were next to heaven.  -Thomas S. Monson 
I read this the other day and just thought YES! It's so true, all of it's true and wonderful! To avoid crying I will let this be the end of my post! I love The Lord and Jesus Christ and am so grateful that I have been blessed with the things that I have. Especially the opportunity to enter the temple.    <3. <3. <3.
Mesa Arizona Temple 
101 S Lesueur, Mesa, AZ 85204







Gilbert Arizona Temple
3301 S Greenfield Rd, Gilbert, AZ 85297

No comments:

Post a Comment